Between 10th August and 2nd September 2020, KELIN will be sharing our experiences in challenging discriminative social norms that impact women land tenure through Sky FM (106.1 FM). The later is a community radio station with listenership in both Kisumu and Homa Bay counties. The radio campaign will be through mentions, infomercials and live interviews focused on securing your family’s future in furtherance of women land and property rights.
The objectives of this campaign are:
- To make the public aware of the underlying barriers in women’s land and property rights and their diverse impacts on their rights;
- To enhance the capacity of the women to claim their rights to land and property; and
- To sensitize the public on the actions they can take to secure their property rights for the good of the community.
KELIN is focusing to increase women’s access to use of, ownership of, control of and decision making about land matters through the theory of change logic.
As a result, KELIN will explore how inequitable social norms about gender equality and women’s land rights can be changed by facilitating discussions on co-registering a marriage, register or co-register land, make a will and mediation for depute resolution.
To contribute to the discussions on this forum, follow KELIN on our social media platforms using the hashtags: #SecureYourFamilysFuture and #WLPRights.
Listen to the radio spots that will air on Sky FM during the SYFF campaign in August 2020, via the links below:
- KELIN’s Radio Spot on Registration of Marriages
- KELIN’s Radio Spot on Co-Registration of Land
- KELIN’s Radio Spot on Wills
- KELIN’s Radio Spot on Mediation
Follow the discussions on Sky FM by tuning in to 106.1 FM. Read the campaign concept note here.
Listen to the four KELIN and Sky FM discussions via the links below:
- Registration of Land: https://bit.ly/3aSFH1J
- Registration of Marriages: https://bit.ly/348Xoss
- Making a Valid Will: https://bit.ly/32BrzXX
- Mediation: https://bit.ly/32D7Mau
For more information, please contact:
Program Manager, Women Land & Property Rights
Kenya Legal and Ethical Issues Network on HIV & AIDS (KELIN)
Nyalenda Railways Estate, Block 9/220
Off Nairobi Road, Opposite YMCA
P.O Box 7708 – 40100 Kisumu – Kenya